Wednesday, May 11, 2011

To Represent Christ?


The Vision Statement of the Toronto Seventh-day Adventist Church is to represent Christ to all members of our community.

  1. What does "represent Christ" mean?

  2. What do we have to DO to "represent Christ"?

  3. What do we have to BE to "represent Christ"?

  4. And lastly, how successful are we at representing Christ right now? Are you happy with how the church represents Christ? Are you happy with how you represent Christ?


I'd really like you to think about these questions. If this vision statement is going to inspire and give direction to our church, we need to know what it means.

Sorry, I'm not going to give you my attempts at answering those questions until next week. Think about them in the meantime. That's hard work, I know. Pray about them. Talk to me about them. Talk to each other.

Representing Christ is the centre of what we say we are here for. Doing a good job at this determines whether we win or lose.

I'd love your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment